Thursday, August 9, 2012

Playlist adds Miss Leslie, The Time Jumpers, Jeff Parker

"She Gave Up On Herself"  Miss Leslie and her Jukejointers  Album cut from "Wrong Is What I Do Best" 2010

Back in the summer of 2005 on my predecessor RAM RADIO, our Houston DJ Sam programmed the first album from a gal in his part of town. The track Honky Tonk No More grabbed me at first listen. Then I found out her steel guitar player was a dear friend I met through Dale Watson.  Honky Tonk Revival was my album of the year and Leslie showed up after a Cornell Hurd show that September in Houston. (I met Sam the first time that night also).  Since then I've seen about a half a dozen of her show's in Austin and shared many moments on Facebook

This track comes from her third studio album which is mostly original material. A Kickstarter program has just begun for a new album and ebook.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1664612910/new-cd-and-ebook-by-miss-leslie-anne-sloan


"On the Outskirts Of Town"  The Time Jumpers (Single) featuring Vince Gill

Yes there is Western Swing in Nashville most Monday nights.  A new album will be  released in September and a move from the Station Inn to 3rd and Lindsley.

"Hello Darlin"  Jeff Parker  Album Cut from Go Parker



No comments:

Post a Comment