Sunday, August 19, 2012

Adds for Aug 20 Remembering Danny Roy Young

Wednesday August 20, 2008 I was excited about my upcoming 50th birthday. It happened to fall on a Thursday which meant a night with the Cornell Hurd crew at Joveta's. I could not believe I got a cell phone
message to call a friend and learn of the passing of my Austin guardian.

Danny gave me many rides to shows or from lunch at the Texacalli back to my hotel. I wonder what he would think of the changes south of the river such as the closing of more venues and changes around the Broken Spoke.  I still get to Austin but I miss my dear friend.

Playlist adds

The Cornell Hurd Band
"Mad At You"  version from Cool and Unusual Punishment
"Morning Noon and Night"  A Stagecoach named Desire

"A Sinful Life"  Ponty Bone and the Squeezetones


No comments:

Post a Comment