Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In our quest to prove there's still good country music being recorded

  La Porte D'en Arriere Gary Roadarmel and the Parrish Commissioners

In December it will be 5 years since I took over the broadcast side of the Real Country radio crew.. Among the aspiring acts I met through the boards was Gary Roadarmel a guy from Nashville with a  punk type country group "Porter Hill Tennessee"  (Think Hank 111) and a gospel release with his then wife.  Gary  is now in Louisiana remarried and just released this new single.

 I'll Keep Calling  J P Harris and Tough Choices  /Album  I'll Keep Calling: Cow Island

I've been a fan/supporter of the Cow Island  label since I first heard of Arty Hill in 2008 then The Dixions and Ethel and the Regulars. The icing on the cake was  Austin singer/songwriter Teri Joyce and her  bud Monica (Little Mo) Passion.

As I often do when I find something on Airplay Direct I got on Facebook to see what folks were liking about
this and Beth Chrisman of the Carper Family recommended "Just Your Memory" which went to Number 1 one week on our top 20.  J P has been touring hard to good reviews even in sub markets such as Lancaster Pa. He also just finished a successful campaign  on Kickstarter to replace a worn out van.


1 comment:

  1. So I IM'd Gary today and found out he was touring with J P last year on lead guitar.
    www.ilovehonkytonk.com

    ReplyDelete