Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome to 2012 on BRC

It's been a year since I was able to upgrade my LIVE 365 account to a plan with more access and a more reasonable cost by joining a coop. (1)  In January I got more playlist space and in mid March an Itunes listing under country.  Listening hours increased over 200 percent. New releases have been outstanding for new Americana/Honkytonk Acts, Country Legends and particularly Bluegrass. (2)(3). It was also the year I lost my job at the Bus Company and have been busy taking care of my mother and the related housework.

Our first change this year is the addition of Del McCoury's Blue Side of Town Radio Hour which can be heard Wednesday evenings at 10pm and Thursday mornings at 10am  Eastern. I may consider other such programing. and also want to try some PSA's. We are always on the lookout for new groups to support such as Andy Vaughn and Driveline(4). Looking forward to travel this year including Austin, Nashville, my summer Bluegrass fix and hopefully Arizona for a friends birthday in November.

Thanks to all our fans artist and promoters as we continue to entertain in these changing digital times




1. My regret to stations that did not get that option this year.
2. Looking at the end of year lists for Bluegrass there were very few acts I did not program.
3. Thanks to folks who use Airplay Direct so we don't have to bug you for promos.
4. Another blog entry coming

No comments:

Post a Comment