Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My extended family that included Patsi Bale Cox

When I first got online to AOL in 1995 I found a Country Music chat room. After a few months I got to message boards and found a group of folks talking about music being overlooked by shorter playlist. Patsi was our charter member from Nashville.  While her position a few years earlier was working with Garth Brooks as times changed she shared with us stories of writers etc including Gretchen Peters. In exchange other folks in that folder were talking about some great bands who were based in Austin.  I mostly soaked it in and gave my thoughts based on what I had in my country classic collection.

These were the folks I shared the excitement of my first solo musical roadtrip to Las Vegas in 1996 and my early trips to Texas. We also shared the passing of many country legends from Bill Monroe through the rough year of 1998.

Patsi was one of the few folks I got back with over the last few years on Facebook. I was in Nashville a couple weeks before her passing and we wanted her at the party but I did not know the extet of her condition.

No Bus of Real Country does not play Garth Brooks music but we have and will continue to support the lesser heard acts of more genuine country and bluegrass.


With kudos to my buddy Cornell Hurd who sometimes .introduced his band as Garth Brooks Worst Nightmare.
www.live365.com/stations/busgaljan

No comments:

Post a Comment