Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Insperation on Feb 1 45 rpm records

 Front End

Someone I can't recall on Facebook had a thread that mentioned this was the date in 1949 RCA introduced the 45 rpm. This led to a thread of your first 45s.  We had a bunch of 78's in the house but the first pop 45s in the house were "Liechtensteiner Polka"  Will Glahe,  "The Childrens Marching Song" (This Old Man)  Mitch Miller and his Orchestra and "The Battle of New Orleans"  Johnny Horton. Needless to say I wore them all out.

Back End

My buddy Tom Bibey has a song of the day feature I love to comment on. Today's song was "Highway 40 Blues" Ricky Scaggs written by Larry Cordell. I realized this was one of the last 45's I bought when it was popular. (1984(?)

Also a recent entry to this feature was "Carolina In the Morning" which was the flip side of the Mitch Miller single listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment