Monday, June 4, 2012

Some mid year comments.

Listening hours slowly increasing even in the evenings.

The amount and quality of new releases coming in is almost more then I have time to listen and program.  Bluegrass gets better every month and the Honky Tonk/Western Swing folks are not far behind.

I'm enjoying the Del McCoury radio show and may consider other special programing.

Thanks to friends who share notices of award shows and special events.

I've done what I could with my broadcast limitations to cover Doc Watson, Doug Dillard and Earl Scruggs.
I also enjoy fitting things in the playlist for non country folks such as Dick Clark

This year's travels gave me a chance to meet Caroline Nagy, Andy Vaughn and Crew, Carolyn and Dave Martin and Lou and Christie Reid.  Hoping to get to an outdoor Bluegrass festival sometime this summer and IBMA in September.

Will try to get my stats caught up for a mid year top 20.

Counting down to 5 years on the air in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment